"Love cannot remain by itself, it has no meaning.
Love has to be put into action and that action is service."
~ Mother Teresa
Follow the link below to read the reflections on our most recent trip down to our sister parish in Haiti!
Be sure also to check out all of our photos too!
Haiti reflections 2017 pdf
Haiti Reflections 2017
Background: Since 1990, members of our cluster parishes have worked with the Holy Cross Parish in Fond Verrettes, Haiti. The main focus of our help at the time was ‘Catholic Education”. Teams visited our sister parish and brought back news of our caring, prayerful relationship with each other. Over the years our commitment has grown immensely. Following devastating storms that impacted the region, cluster members have helped rebuild schools, churches and clinics. In addition to the rebuilding efforts, members also bring hundreds of pounds of desperately needed school, clinic supplies, food and powdered milk. Supplies are also shipped via the Parish Twinning Sea Container each year in April. Parishioners have also helped establish Fonkoze, a micro-lending bank for developing countries, for the area villages. Support also continues for Deep Springs International, an organization that provides for a safe water system for homes in the region.
On September 14, 2014 Sainte Claire Clinic was dedicated. Spires of Faith Cluster Parishes raised over $65,000.00 to open this medical facility for the area. This new commitment will include salaries for the medical staff, medications, and supplies for the clinic. Together we do make a difference!!
How to be a part of our commitment in Haiti:
- Prayer is our greatest help and connector.
- Monetary donations for education, clinics, safe water.
- Gift Cards are available before Christmas to help schools, clinic, safe water.
- Donation of items for schools and clinics: Lists of needed items are in the bulletins.
- Join the yearly 8 day Mission Trip in early February.
- For more information on the trip, or other ways to assist the Haiti Mission, contact Cookie Scherman @ 563.875.7826.