St. Boniface Parish began with the first Mass offered in the village of New Vienna by Bishop Mathias Loras on January 6, 1846. In 1848, the first church was built of logs and replaced five years later by a larger building made of solid stone and later converted into a gymnasium. It was razed in the late 1970s. In 1882, Father Frederick Pape returned to the parish of his youth and directed the building of the present Gothic church dedicated by Bishop Hennessey in 1887. From the parish there have been 34 priests ordained to the priesthood and more than 50 women religious.
Parish Council: Father John O'Connor, Zelda Kluesner, Earl Hosch, Al Wente, Kathy Willenborg, Karen Steger, Chuck Koelker, Dave Krapfl
Finance Committee: Father John O'Connor, Dale Menke, Chuck Koelker
Hennessy School Board: Father John O'Connor, Steve Cornelius, Angie Kronlage, Kara Sperfslage, Rosemarie Hermsen, Steve Kruse, Kristin Goedken, Dan Goebel