The original Church of SS Peter & Paul was established in 1868, and by 1903 it was determined to be inadequate. In 1903, plans were made by an architect from Dubuque, Martin Heer, for the present church. The present church can be seen for miles around. On October 24, 1906, SS Peter & Paul Church became the first consecrated church in the state of Iowa. In attendance were Archbishop John Keane, Bishop Schinner of Superior, Wisconsin and many other priests and faithful. Note: A consecrated church is a building solemnly set apart for the worship of God, and therefore making abandonment or alienation for secular purposes unlawful. Perfect solidarity in the construction of the church and free from all debt are demanded as prerequisites to the consecration ceremony.
Parish Council: Mike Kruse, Mike Gaul, Rick Domeyer, Brenda Ludwig, Doug Goedken, Karen Wulfekuhle.
Finance Committee: Brenda Ludwig, Dale Boeckenstedt, Mark White.
Hennessy School Board: Father John O'Connor, Steve Cornelius, Angie Kronlage, Kara Sperfslage, Rosemarie Hermsen, Steve Kruse, Kristin Goedken, Dan Goebel.
Secretary, Judy Kirsch