Congratulations! You're engaged! And now begins a time of more immediate preparations, not only for a wedding day, but for something that is so much more: a life-long, faithful, and fruitful marriage!
The sacred covenant in the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony is a symbol of the union between Christ and his Church; therefore, marital love must be permanent, life-giving, and freely shared. The different components of the marriage preparation process strives to help you and your future marriage to radiate Christ's unselfish love and grow ever closer to God and to one another. Those components include:
(1) Spiritual Preparation, directed by the priest, including:
discussions about the theology of marriage and your relationship,
taking an inventory for engaged couples, called FOCCUS, and
completing the required marriage documents.
(2) A Marriage Retreat, for example:
- Pre-Cana ( * be sure to look at the one hosted right here in the Cluster in February)
- Engaged Encounter ; or
- Two Become One (in the cases of remarriage)
(3) Meetings with a Sponsor Couple
where the engaged couple will meet with a married couple who is trained to assist them in preparing for marriage by helping the couple reflect upon the realities of married life; and
(4) Planning the Wedding Liturgy with the priest and Director of Music & Liturgy.
where the priest will direct the engaged couple to prayerfully consider the meaning of the different components of the marriage rite, such as the consent and the readings, and the Director of Music and Liturgy will help the couple navigate the different options regarding the sacred music.
Please contact your parish's office at least six to twelve months prior to the intended wedding date.
||(563) 875-7325, St. Francis Xavier
(563) 921-2465, St Boniface
(563) 923-3135, St Joseph
(563) 855-2125, St Paul
(563) 875-7992, Sts Peter & Paul